Tuesday, March 19, 2013

March Scrapmatts Share

Hello everyone, hope your having a great week so far....
 Some glorious Scrapmatts products...a sketch designed by the wonderful Anne P.....texture paste, glimmermist and this is what I came up with for my first layout....

 
I've used the pond fronds and just added a little mist to the tops and also to the word captured.
I've also used some Satin Seam binding, metal flower & paper flowers, micro beads, script stamp from Darkroom Door, binder punch, abstract flower punch and machine stitching.

(Captured)
Love this photo of Samantha it was taken after she had her trial make-up and hair for her Grad...It really captured her attitude in the moment.
My second layout is a heritage layout. The photo's are very special. They are of my hubby Roy (bottom pic) at 4years of age on the boat that brought them to Australia. The picture above it shows Roy's father (left). A chronic asthma sufferer, he made the journey with his young family to try and extend his life. They thought the change in climate would help his condition. Sadly he would only live another 3 years :(

(Assisted Passage)
 
 
I have used the fab Nautical Designs CB4059 and the great flags CB5101
With the Helm or wheel I have cut it in half and put it throu my cuttlebug with a folder and then painted it with gesso. Loved this effect....my bud the amazing ANNETTE EDMONDS gave me the idea...(luvs ya chickie!!!!) I've also painted the other chippies with gesso.


(Roy aged 4yrs)
I have also used Craft Queen goodies as well...look at that Union Jack ribbon...(love it!),Satin Seam Binding, Tiny twine.....yum!
 
So Do yourself a HUGE favour.....head over to the
(look to the right of your screen and you will see Buy Online and have a squizz at the awesomeness that is Scrapmatts!!!!)
 
Cheers and see you again real soon
 
 
 

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Beautiful LOs but I especially love the sentiment behind the 2nd one. Definitely some family history being documented. Fabulous inspiration. TFS..x

Sandi Smith said...

You always make the most beautiful things Kim...love them both!

Jo said...

Two wonderful layouts Kim! the "Assisted Passage" page is so heartfelt & magnificently scrapped. I love the scrapmatts chippies. The colours & tones match the photos perfectly.xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search this blog